Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Corporate responsibility (new topic, Sep 2021!)

How much responsibility do corporations have for the climate crisis and for stepping up with solutions?

Here at the ISCFC we are committed to promoting personal, community, national and planetary solutions to reduce our environmental impacts and boldly confront the climate crisis. But as individuals, we can feel powerless when there are huge corporations -such as the fossil fuel industry and factory farms– that are disproportionately responsible for carbon emissions of the past and the present.

What should we do about this? Do you agree that corporations should do more? And if so, what does that mean exactly? How do we persuade or impel polluting industries to change their ways?

Corporate responsibility >

Corporations are at fault!

DYLAN OSB

Individual action only goes so far. We need government policy to stop massive corporations from destroying our planet!

Sydney22

I absolutely agree, but I think individuals must also try to hold corporations responsible and not rely on the government to solve everything.

rectorazariyah@gmail.com

I agree but I also think it is easy to blame corporations because individuals mostly see destruction from the hands of these corporations. It seems as though this hate towards corporations is blinding individuals from taking responsibility for their participation in the destruction of the planet

24heb

I agree both are at fault

yungg

You can't blame corporations when corporations make money off the people. I'm sure you shop at a grocery store or order from companies online. If you are gonna blame cooperations you need to take account of the people who use their services, maybe you do.

buffa25

When you shop at grocery stores, or online, you are contributing to these massive corporations "destroying" the planet. You can't argue that these companies are destroying the planet when you are possibly providing them with the materials to do so. If nobody was buying from them, they would go out of business and we wouldn't have that problem.

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer