Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

Learning from sustainable cities

P. Montenegro-SJR

Having done a presentation on the topic I figured I'd put that knowledge to good use. Whenever we discuss lowering our carbon footprint we probably think about our impact as an individual but focusing on a group, or in this case a location, would work the best. We can all learn to live more sustainably with our environments if we take a look at the cities around us.

Zurich, a city in Switzerland, is a solid pick and the gold standard for sustainable living. Zurich is a city which focuses on pre-planning, meaning it tailors the city based on their resident population(s). Most people are either in walking distance of where they need to be or are able to catch a form of public transport that lowers the individual // group emissions caused by greenhouse gases. I've attached a link for further reading on Zurich for those interested!

( https://www.zuerich.com/en/about-zt/sustainability )

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer