Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Open Forum

Want to dicuss an ISCFC-related topic that you don't see listed yet? Here is your page for that!

The ISCFC team will then choose some of these student-envisioned discussions to feature on their own discussion page.

Open Forum >

Transportation: How it affects the environment and how it affects us

Avery Marshmallow

In my biology class an experiment of sorts was conducted where everybody who took the class calculated their carbon footprint and recorded them on a shared document for everyone to see. I myself found that I had a relatively high carbon footprint compared to my classmates, the biggest contributor being transportation. After discussing with some of my classmates with similar results we debated how we affected our environment and how it affected us. I myself have a large family, some of which live across the country. My family and I want to see our family, however, what cost does this have? Some of my other classmates with large transportation emissions discussed how they have families that live in a whole different continent and visit them near annually, facing the same dilemma. No matter what mode of transportation there is, whether it be flight, driving, or some other way, it produces many greenhouse gases. Do we sacrifice ourselves for our impact? How can we reduce our carbon footprint?

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer