Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Clean Development

The Millenium Development Goals, agreed to by every member country of the United Nations in 2000, call for the worldwide eradication of poverty and hunger, universal education, gender equality and huge improvements in health by 2015: two years ago!!

Can we do this without making the planet warmer?

Let's think big and imagine how we can confront the climate crisis in a way that is realistic about the other major problems that we face as a planet and as a species on it.

Clean Development >

It's not too late

Haywire

When I first learned about climate change as a kid, I watched shows and documentaries from a few years ago that warned me about climate change and how if we did not take drastic action soon, our world would be forever changed. That may still be the case, but we are not too late, we can still fix this issue and come out without too much death. California’s Senate Bill 100, passed in 2018, gave me hope that the wider world was finally taking climate change seriously. If California succeeds in its goal to have 100% of its energy come from renewables by 2045, it would serve as a great example for many countries around the world with similar populations and sizes as California. If we can support more countries to make and meet goals like this, I believe this is the greatest step we can realistically take at this time to significantly reduce the negative effects of climate change.
Here is more information on the California goal:https://www.energy.ca.gov/programs-and- … by%202045.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer