Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

Encouraging man powered vehicles (scooters, bikes, ect)

Nay@ML

Cities can encourage modes of transportation such as biking or scootering by giving roads bike lanes and encouraging bike/scooter rentals or shops. This would lower  the amount of cars used. This is important because cars contribute greatly to climate change, about 20%!

G.bilg

I agree with what you have said here. I would like to add on and say that if more people switched to electric instead of gas cars, air quality would get better and pollution would decrease a lot but also, if electric car companies made electric cars more cheaper, they could be more affordable as the reason a lot of people have gas cars is because they are cheaper and people can’t afford electric cars because of their price. Also I feel that a lot of people know about electric cars but don’t fully know how it would actually benefit our earth if they switched from gas to electric. Electric cars are also more quieter, so if you don’t like too much noise, an Electric car is the way to go!

Adrianapedro60

I agree with this for cities and places where things people need are close together. In rural areas, people dont have the ability to do those things. However, there are electric cars that would help. The problem is that they are so expensive. Another thing that would help with man powered vehicles is weight problems. At least in America, 2/3 adults are overweight. This is a big problem in our country. In conclusion, if you are able to have a man powered vehicle that is great but an electric car works too.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer