Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Transprotation for Students

makim1715

My carbon footprint for transportation wasn't high, because i use the city bus and my bike. But i have realized a lot of students transportation does release a lot of carbon. Some factors may be because of the distance. Some people come to different schools for different and better opportunities that the school may offer which is better then there home school. This means driving farther, for longer distances to that new school. Since i don't experience this I don't have much solutions to this problem which is where replies may help. This is a problem and would have a positive impact if we could all together lowered the transportation carbon footprint left behind by people. Some solutions i thought of was carpooling since it would be better if 5 kids rode in one car then to ride in 5 different individual cars. This is where public transportation also helps. Another solution may be to consider hybrid or fully electric cars. They require no gasoline to oppertate and are clean, produce no pollution and lower carbon footprint.

Rohitha

@Makim1715 I definitely agree! In California, most school districts do not provide school buses for their students, which leads to thousands of cars pulling up at every school each morning to drop off students. A short trip to school doesn’t seem like so much of a problem, but what we don’t realize is how big of a impact we make collectively. By making more informed choices we can significantly reduce our carbon footprints! Transportation has become a growing issue, and now stands accountable for a quarter of all carbon dioxide emissions worldwide. Carpooling, public transportation, walking/biking, and switching to eco-friendly transportation vehicles are all great ways to reduce our carbon footprint!

jimenaaa26

Hello, my name is Jimena and I belong to the ies historiador chabas institute, located in Denia, my carbon footprint has been quite high since I use my motorcycle a lot, both to go to the institute and to carry out any extracurricular activity, also my carbon footprint is as high because once a year I go on a trip not only outside of Spain but also within it.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer