Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

More public transport

martapuigg

To help make the city more sustainable, the use of more public transport could be established so that people stop using their own vehicles so much to avoid air contamination.

rcmq

I agree. Compared to cars, public transport saves us a lot less carbon being released into the air by taking a large group of people from one place to another and cars usually take an individual to their destination. However, many people find taking their cars much more convenient than walking, biking, and taking transit. The way I see it, cars are in many ways the easiest and fastest way to get around. The long-term impact this has on our environment makes me rethink this. The amount of carbon piling up in our atmosphere and in organisms is concerning, and carbon being released by cars all around the world isn't making this any better. For things to be convenient for everyone, walking and biking to nearby places and taking cars and public transit to farther destinations is a good way to help the environment.

G.bilg

I agree with this, there should be more public transportation but what if some people don’t feel comfortable with going in a bus or some sort of transportation with other people, some people have different comfort levels and being with people that they don’t know might not be normal for them. I think that there should be electric cars instead with a lowered price, around the same as a gas car because a lot of people have gas cars as they can’t afford electric ones.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer