Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused?

The ISCFC is all about reducing our individual and collective contributions to climate change.

But is climate change really happening? Is it mostly caused by human activity, including our production of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases?

In the United States and elsewhere, there are people who are not convinced by the science. But the great thing about science is that we use evidence to evaluate scientific questions. So what is the evidence related to climate change?

Are you or are you not convinced by the majority of climate scientists who say that climate change is real and largely human caused? Why are you convinced/not convinced? What evidence might change your mind one way or the other?

maracp

Hello, I'm Mara, I live in Ondara, Spain
and I studing at the IES CHÀBAS in
Dénia, I think that climate change is
caused by man because we exploit natural resources for our needs and use fossil fuels to generate electricity, transport, heating,
industry... also the felling of trees
greatly affects the climate and the
amount of CO2 we emit and we are
damaging the atmosphere by
increasing the greenhouse effect and
global warming.

Amelial

It’s interesting how humans have gone from doing everything we can to survive hunting for our food and building structures for sleeping to making everything so easy and almost boring. Humans are the Maine cause of global warming we have slowly been heating up this planet by manufacture and estimating more carbon emissions everyday. Now we have to think about the fact we have made all of this stuff can we convince people they don't need it anymore? We lice in a society of lack of motivation our climate is falling apart and we should care that we are the ones that will fall with it.

Natare27

Climate change is most definitely real and caused by humans and the way we run our societies. Climate change can be seen in almost everyone’s everyday lives; many areas dealing with more wildfires, many coastal towns looking into ways to protect themselves from rising sea levels, and many other examples. Although climate change has occurred naturally in the past, modern day climate change is very obviously caused by humans. As many know, trees and plants as a whole respirate opposite to other living organisms by taking in carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen in turn; the full process known as photosynthesis. But humans have ruined natural balancing by cutting down mass amounts of trees and plants for personal gain. The exploitation of plants isn’t the only things humans have done to cause climate change. The reasoning for the deforestation is commonly due to humans urbanizing and industrializing in every area they can. The industrialization and urbanization has caused major increases in the carbon levels of the atmosphere; which in turn causes changes in climates all around the world.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer