Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Phones

daniielaa123

From my perspective, phones are a necessity in the modern era due to their fundamental role in communication, access to information and various utilities. However, the choice of phone type may vary depending on individual preferences and needs. In short, they are essential, but personal choice plays an important role.

mattengle05

I agree with you. Certain Wants and needs are definitely different especially with something like a phone and like you said it Vareis on the person. On terms of supporting our environment, we often only focus on what we want and disregard what impact it might have on the environment.

Natare27

I completely agree that phones are an essential part of life today as phones act as a very efficient method to communication, access to information, and a multitude of utilities. Phones are a very useful device due to their extreme multi-functionality. The main downside to phones is the way they’re made. Phones are made up from many components such as rare metals, and the process for creating each phone emits mass amounts of carbon. So although the production of phones is a major contributor to the world’s carbon footprint; they are very essential to modern day societies and should remain within them. Phones are most definitely a need, not just a want.

Isabel.pf

I agree, phones are a basic necessity in the modern human world because of how much our world depends on them. We need them for communication, for traveling, etc. Phones are the one thing that everyone will more then likely have in their life time because of how much we need them and use them. We also all want one because of social media and what not so it seems like phones are a want and a need but mainly a need.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer