Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Travelling

abdeee

I think that traveling by plane pollutes a lot. In my opinion, it is good because you go to disconnect and get to know a new culture.

manster

I think that travelling in some cases is totally necessary such as if you are visiting your family and they live overseas, but it also causes a whole lot of pollution. I dont think travelling by airplane is always needed.Such as in lockdown my family couldnt fly anywhere so we focused on driving around our province and it really opened up my eyes on how there is so much where you are and so much to see.You dont need to fly somewhere when there is so many places that people dont notice.

Kosta

In my opinion travelling can be totally necessary if you need to visit family, or attend a funeral or wedding but the downside to these trips are planes create a lot of problems and pollution. In some scenarios travelling by plane is not always necessary. For instance the year when covid was around my family’s trip got canceled, so we drove to Ossoyoos and Kelowna instead. My experience was amazing and i saw how amazing places right here in our own province is.

Audrey Pearl

I think that because traveling and planes is already done so much, we need to focus on making planes less of a polluter. From the little research I have done, there are fuels being tested that do not emit carbon. These are known as biofuels and if we are able to implement these, it would make drastic changes. Things like high speed rails and electric cars cannot travel over water, so planes are not something we can just get rid of. Families need to be able to visit each other and international travel helps bring humans together and sticking together is what we need to do to combat climate change.

Natare27

I believe while traveling and modes of transportation like cars, boats, planes, etc. are massive contributors to many peoples’ carbon emissions, traveling shouldn’t be thrown out as a whole. Although it’s not all of the time, traveling is still a necessity sometimes. I believe humanity needs travel for many reasons, from economic trade to just simply seeing family; not to mention the amount of countries that rely of tourism to stay afloat. I think that if humans are so determined to become more advanced while at the same time reversing the effects of climate change, we should focus more on creating biofuel instead of cutting off all possibilities of traveling internationally. Traveling should definitely be cut back on if completely unnecessary, especially through air travel as it’s one of the main contributors to air pollution and has no alternative fuel to be even remotely eco-friendly.

domdomareki

Traveling shouldn't be looked down upon or discouraged, even though it and other forms of transportation such as cars, boats, planes, etc. are huge contributors to c02 emissions. Traveling is a necessary part of the human life. it gives us the opportunity to explore new places and cultures, learn new things, and make connections with people from all over the world, to take this way would be depriving the new generation of humans from a once in a lifetime experience. while the consequences of air travel are real I strongly believe we should be putting more effort into producing biofuel rather than removing all international travel.

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer