Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

Sustainable transportation

kaity.basham

Although Sometimes it may seem to be easier to use a car, cars create so much carbon admission into our air, contributing a lot to climate change. Although sometimes using car might not be avoidable, trips that you could use other form of transportation that might be more sustainable would overall help reduce your carbon footprint. Especially in the city I live in I have lots of access to bike routes near me, making me more likely to chose biking to places  instead of going by car. Some places though might not have the access to safe bike routes, but they might have access to forms of public transit, like the bus, and or sky trains, which can also reduce carbon admissions. I think finding other ways of transportation can help us reduce carbon admissions into the air helping us create a more sustainable city.

Alex11223344

I agree that your ideas would decently reduce carbon emittions but for most people not using their car is not a viable possibility, everyone taking way less planes would be a much more effective way to reduce carbon emittions.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer