Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

A Sustainable City Starts With Us

noragomes

The sustainability of a city comes down to the residents living within it. If promoted
enough, our city's health and well-being can become our top priority as citizens. Some ways that we can help the sustainability of our city are considering our energy use, promoting sustainable ideas to our communities, reducing, reusing, and recycling. These are just some ways we can make our environment a healthier and safer place. When I say promotion, I mean any form of eco-friendly public marketing. This could be via social media, through presentations to your community, or advertisements. Promoting new and healthy ideas is a different form of education than trying to change people's habits; like meat consumption. So instead of spreading ideas attempting to change people's lifestyles, we can bring awareness to small actions that we can take towards making our city a better place.

Lauren_Spear12

I agree. In order for our communities and cities to be a sustainable living space, people need to be informed and educated about the alternative options. This makes the chance greater for people actually able to act on the new ideas. People could create posters/flyers and hang them up places around town. One thing I would recommend a good sustainable option for people to actually act on is creating green spaces in communities. This could include things like planting trees (which are a great option to reduce carbon because they are carbon sinks), planting a garden etc. Or even other things like having a place in town where people could go and pick up reused materials to repurpose. All of these things require talking to people and educating them about these alternatives that are effective and worthwhile to implement.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer