Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Corporate responsibility (new topic, Sep 2021!)

How much responsibility do corporations have for the climate crisis and for stepping up with solutions?

Here at the ISCFC we are committed to promoting personal, community, national and planetary solutions to reduce our environmental impacts and boldly confront the climate crisis. But as individuals, we can feel powerless when there are huge corporations -such as the fossil fuel industry and factory farms– that are disproportionately responsible for carbon emissions of the past and the present.

What should we do about this? Do you agree that corporations should do more? And if so, what does that mean exactly? How do we persuade or impel polluting industries to change their ways?

Corporate responsibility >

Corporate Greed

penk

One of the things that disgusts me the most in this world is human greed. Take Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk for example, the amount of money they have could do so much good in this world. Using even 1% (even that is way more money than the average person will see in their lifetime) of Elon Musk's fortune could help countries invest in sustainable energy practices, carbon capture technology, and more. However instead of using any of their fortune for good. They decide to raise their prices even more, because apparently inflation effects them so drastically. Apparently a 14.8% raise in average transaction price is so important to maintain an acceptable standard of living for billionaires. And the fact they decide to just not pay their taxes because they just don't want to means it is okay for them to do so. In conclusion most billionaires a selfish, greedy, pigs who don't deserve anything good in their lives and are doing so much harm that I wish them all extremely painful death.

willa_yetman

I agree you and with the fact that people like Jeff Bezos, and Elon Musk have so much money that they should, and could donate, and contribute their wealth to help with climate change. These two people and many more could act on climate change and encourage others to do the same. An idea for them is to invest money into research surrounding climate change and how it affects the planet. Although I agree with this, I do not share the wish for all of them to extremely painful death. This in my view is taking it too far. Although they are not using their money in a very wise manner, we do not need to wish them painful death.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer