Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Wants or needs?- How can you reduce your product consumption?

sydcpetty

A large issue in carbon emissions is the demand and production of goods. Businesses make more to provide for the amount demanded by the consumers. This causes increase in waste and carbon emissions during this process increase as well, impacting the environment. However, what if we start to reduce our consumption and begin to question if we can begin to be conscious of how much we are buying. Some ways you can do this is to switch to reusable products, such as metal straws, water filters, and cloth bags. You can also support sustainable brands that use eco-friendly materials and practices. By doing this, less waste will reduce your carbon footprint and communities can start to become more environmentally friendly.

Malachi24

I agree and disagree with certain aspects of this person’s view on wants and need. I agree with their view on wants and need because I get how not every consumer needs more materials, food, and clothes etc. Even though the consumer doesn’t really need more materials and etc, I think i also disagree because some people eat and buy this things that makes them happy which help the world so it really just depends on the citation and the person.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer