Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Comparing and reducing Carbon in specific areas

WillsG

I think that in different areas the carbon footprint changes because of the laws and also peoples daily life style well paying attention to live stock and other animals. I think that in places such as the middle of the USA there are a lot of numbers that go higher than the averages of others, I think this because there are big cities and some houses outside of those contain a lot lights and there is a lot of power generated there. This happens mostly in the USA because there are a lot more people and space, another thing to think about is that there is more money which gives the goverment more power and advantage to build more buildings and cover more areas with airports and more Carbon Sources. So I think that there should be a down-time were they use less power than usual well they would still have enough power for the heater, air conditioning and the freezer and fridge. There would still be power for lights and wifi but the lights would be dimmed and there would be generators for things like buildings for peoples work and some large houses that need a lot of power.

BrianZ

hi

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer