Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Student Footprints

noushar

What actions can you take to reduce your carbon footprint at home? How could you encourage our school community to lower our collective carbon footprint?                                                                                                                                                                                       

A way that I can reduce my carbon footprint at home is by ALWAYS turning off the lights after leaving a room, instead of usually turning off the lights after leaving a room. If I ALWAYS turn off the lights, I produce 21,170kgs of carbon, but if I USUALLY turn off the lights I produce 21,305kgs of carbon. And a way that Whitby can lower their collective carbon footprint could be by adding solar panels on the school. That would help because then you don't need to burn fossil fuels to produce energy, instead you are using energy from the sun to produce the energy for the school.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer