Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Student footprints

Benson Jiang

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

The difference I saw in Europe and the USA was in the average amount of CO2 released in Eurpore students is 7505 kg of CO2. In the US, the average amount of CO2 in students is 15891 kg of CO2. The amount of difference amount of kg or CO2 released in USA and Eurpore about 8386 kg more CO2. I think that these differences exist because of the amount of distance the transportation the students use to go from students home to school. For example, if an average distance of a student's home is 14 miles away from school in the US while a student from Europe's average distance home is 7 miles away from school, US would have more CO2 released by 2 times. I think this because in the US, the amount of CO2 released is 15891 kg and for Europe the amount of CO2 released is 7505 kg released and the US is a bit more than double the amount Europe students release.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer