Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

How transportation is a big deal

evangelosd

Section 1: What changes would you have to make in order to lower your carbon footprint? The category that contributed the most to my high carbon footprint was transportation. To lower the CO2 I produce in my carbon footprint in transportation I could start walking more to the activites that are close to me. I could also start traveling with planes and cars less. Another category that contributed a lot of CO2 in my carbon footprint is food. It contributed a lot because I eat a lot of meat, cheese and dairy. Instead of those foods I could start eating fruits, vegetables, beans and peas. Another idea about food is that I could still eat meat and dairy but not as much as I did before. Last but not least the 3rd category that produces CO2 in my footprint is electricity. An example of electricty is the lights/light bulbs. Lihht bulbs might produce a lot of CO2 because if you leave the lights on a lot of time you waste electricity and combustion of fossil fuels to generate heat needed to power my house and uses a lot of electricty generation. So that's why electricty produces a lot of CO2 in my carbon footprint. My last idea is the calculator. When I changed the lights in my question It dropped by 1,000. So that's very good for not only the world but for me also.

Across the globe I saw a lot of people that were higher and lower then me. I think we should start walking more then using veichles that produce lot's of carbon dioxide and electricity. As I was looking people mostly had their highest carbon footprint on transportation. Transportation is a huge deal in the world, like lots of people use cars, buses, motorcycles and planes. I know that you couldn't walk everywhere but still use less veichles that produce CO2 so you can not only help yourself but also others.

1029446@oside.us

I agree, a lot of transportation methods are a big reason for CO2 emissions. I find myself seeing other people driving only 0.5 miles to go somewhere when they could have just walked there for a little extra time.

Kiefer123

I agree with this. A lot of lazy people could walk to places right near there house. We need to walk more and use publi transportation as much as we can.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer