Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

How international footprints compare

SadieM09

I’ve found not just on this app but looking at other resources that Carbon footprints relate directly to two things,
1. Country Development
2. Transportation.
Granted I am looking at this through the views of all individuals not just students, however I see a very clear correlation between the two. For example the DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo) Was ranked by the UN to be one of the least developed country’s in the world, and similarly has less than 0.1 tons of Carbon Per Capita. Meanwhile country’s like the U.S have a Per Capita of roughly 14.9 tons. To my second point, on a smaller scale transportation plays an incredibly important role in Carbon footprint, and when comparing my transportation relate emissions I found them to be much larger than those whole live in city’s. These two variables are essential to understand when comparing international carbon footprints.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer