Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Clean Development

The Millenium Development Goals, agreed to by every member country of the United Nations in 2000, call for the worldwide eradication of poverty and hunger, universal education, gender equality and huge improvements in health by 2015: two years ago!!

Can we do this without making the planet warmer?

Let's think big and imagine how we can confront the climate crisis in a way that is realistic about the other major problems that we face as a planet and as a species on it.

Clean Development >

My opinion on the carbonne

ski4boii

Carbon footprint of students can vary greatly depending on their lifestyle and habits. However, it's crucial for students to be mindful of their environmental impact and strive to reduce their carbon footprint. Simple changes like using public transportation, reducing energy consumption, and adopting sustainable practices can make a significant difference. Moreover, educational institutions should also promote eco-friendly initiatives and provide resources to help students make more environmentally conscious choices. By collectively working towards reducing carbon emissions, students can contribute to a healthier planet for future generations.

Sheyzo

i agree with your opinion, but the students are not careful to the Carbon Footprint.

BrbaBOD

I agree that students should try to reduce their carbon footprint and should be more mindful of their environmental impact. While I agree with that, I disagree that students should use public transportation more. I take a bus 2 miles to the train station then take the train 45 minutes to my house every day after school, this increases my carbon footprint a massive amount. My overall foot print is 25,784 kgs and my transportation carbon footprint was 18,311 kgs, which is about 70% of my overall carbon footprint. So instead of public transportation i propose to use electric cars and carpool with a friend. This will really make a difference in your carbon footprint and help overall sustain a healthy environment.

AdScBOD

Of course I agree that reducing carbon footprint is important and I agree that changing your lifestyle can help with that. It is very frustrating for me though because when I took the test, my carbon footprint for transportation was way above average, however I don't know how to reduce it! I live far away from school but I take the bus and I have to go to sports practice everyday. I feel like I can't really reduce my transportation footprint even though I want to because most of where I go is necessary to my daily life. Overall, I want to find a way to dramatically change my carbon footprint but still get where I need to go.

NogeBOD

I also agree that students need to be more aware of their impact in order to reduce their carbon footprint. However, I don’t believe that a small lifestyle change is necessary for all students. From my experience, the biggest carbon sink that I had was airplanes/flights as they took up half of my footprint at about 9,300 kgs. So for me, if I wanted to bring my carbon footprint down the best solution would be to fly less and not to switch to public transportation. Also in my case, I already take public transportation so I wouldn’t need to switch to using it. But, It doesn’t mean that people who don’t take public transit shouldn’t stop, only that not everyone needs to make that change as they already might be taking public transit. Depending on the person their carbon footprint may be heavily increased by different influences, therefore I agree that people can change their carbon footprint by changing something, but not everyone can change a small thing and have the same impact.

5 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer