Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused?

The ISCFC is all about reducing our individual and collective contributions to climate change.

But is climate change really happening? Is it mostly caused by human activity, including our production of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases?

In the United States and elsewhere, there are people who are not convinced by the science. But the great thing about science is that we use evidence to evaluate scientific questions. So what is the evidence related to climate change?

Are you or are you not convinced by the majority of climate scientists who say that climate change is real and largely human caused? Why are you convinced/not convinced? What evidence might change your mind one way or the other?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused? >

Climate Change is chiefly human caused and is real.

brandon1211

Climate change, started by the industrial revolution, is a problem that we all face now, not only the greenhouse effect but also the raising of ocean levels. This has resulted in an increase of average temperature in the world, which lead to harsh results. Hotter summers is an example of one. With hotter summers, hyperthermia is just a problem that more and more people will face. With limited space, urbanization has also came into place, leading to the need of more cement for the construction of buildings. Consider this, 1 kg of cement results in the release of 0.9 tons of carbon dioxide, which is harsh for all. Not just this, the usage of cement and deforestation traps heat in cities, making cities hotter and hotter. Since this problem occured, the result is the overusage of Air conditioning, which relesase carbon monoxide. This makes climate change even worse. This is just a little part of it. With the economic bloom post-WWII, the American Dream Life is fact. This made auto manufacturers create cars with V12 engines that emits too much carbon dioxide and waste gases. This, results in cities to be hotter. Climate change is a chain reaction of human behavior, and should thus be stopped by us. If not, the sinking of Venice or Amsterdam is not unpreventable, it is just a matter of time

roflCPS

I agree with the facts provided here. Climate change has become increasingly evident and the impacts of humanity's carbon emissions are being felt throughout the globe. Because of the increase in the frequency of natural disasters (i.e. hurricanes, wildfires, droughts, torrential rainfall), it should be harder and harder for people to deny the existence of climate change. One of the biggest issues with climate change is the lack of action and I think once people start personally feeling its impacts, action will be easier, but until then it is a hard battle to fight. I agree that continuous deforestation is one of the most pressing issues right now and would have incredible impacts if more conservation was pursued. I also agree that significant lifestyle changes would need to accompany any large-scale action combatting climate change (i.e. the full removal of gas-powered vehicles, decreases in the consumption of meats, conscious consumerism, etc.). If action is not taken soon, the consequences you mention will be inevitable.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer