Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Hipocrisy of schools

MicheleGmz

Hi, I'm a 19 years old student who attends a high school in Italy.
We all know how dear our environment is to us, we know the importance of being green and how pollution is a huge problem, but what is actually being done to reduce this problem? I'm talking about concrete things, not activities and some lessons on recycling. Unfortunately my school has done nothing else then placing bins for recycling and introducing civic education lessons to raise student awareness. I remember that I proposed to introduce water dispensers in order to reduce the plastic bottles around, reusing them or indeed using water bottles instead of buying bottles of water every time, but nobody listened to me. Let's also think about the people in my school who sell sandwiches, placing them in plastic bags. Hundreds of students buy them every day, do you have any idea about how much plastic? Why doesn't the institute insist on using more sustainable materials and avoiding further pollution? The truth is that talking is easier instead of acting.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer