Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Science and the Environment

emwaBOD

Over the past 3 days, I have learned a lot about my carbon footprint, greenhouse gases and climate change. I have learned that my carbon footprint is larger than I thought it would have been and most of that is due to transportation. Carbon footprint is related to greenhouse gases because someone's carbon footprint is the creation of excess greenhouse gases, and how much greenhouse gas a person amits. Climate change relates to this because of all of the extra greenhouse gases and how that creates too much trapped heat in our atmosphere. My carbon footprint is a bit larger than the average, and I can minimize this by trying to take more eco-friendly forms of transportation when possible. This means I can create fewer greenhouse gasses, and combined with others who are doing this there will overall be fewer greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, making it easier for the appropriate amount of heat to escape.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer