Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Science and the environment assignment for carbon footprint

khtrBOD

After the test I realized how much carbon really is in my life, passing the average human usage of carbon, and thats still surprising for me. But I do see signs of how it happens like how I go to school every single day so that could also be a cause of that. I also found out how much dairy projects have an effect on carbon levels aswell which is something I did not know especially since I would have a glass of milk usually every other day. For my edibles I usually eat white rice and if there is nothing else that is available my mom make eggs which I also found out in one of the questions had something to do with carbon (I think I dont remember) and for the things like meat I usually eat fish or ground beef just depends on what we have, but something interesting is that fish has lower levels of carbon than something like ground meat. For my purchases I dont buy much or get new clothes often so thats very minimal. As well as my home its quite near the average but I think its a little above the average since I put I dont know for majority of the questions because I really dont know. And because of that I think thats the reason I got a lower score than I think I wouldve gotten if I knew more about the electricity that I used.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer