Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Science and The Environment

somoBOD

succeeding the test of carbon dioxide in my school and in my everyday life I now have opened my eyes to realize how much carbon is actually around me. passing the below average human usage of carbon. Even though that's not above the average person. It still is quite a lot and has shocked me on how much one family or a let alone person can create so much carbon. Although of all of this I do see ways how so much carbon is produced in the world like getting a ride to school every single day which creates harmful toxins like carbon dioxide to get trapped in the air. I also didn't know that dairy products have such a high effect on carbon levels because of the constant production of greenhouse gas emissions. For my food consumption I usually would eat white rice everyday with some sort of meat and vegetable. I also eat lots of fish or anything that my mom cooks usually depending on what we have and what the occasion is. I've learned that fish has a lower amount of carbon than meat like ground beef. For my purchases I usually will buy new clothes and sometimes go out to buy used clothing from either vintage or thrift stores. In my household we were a little below the average consumption of carbon. Although I think it's possible that we could be above average because all of my measurements for how much electricity or gas mileage wasnt exact.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer