Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Ocean Acidification

In addition to the famous impacts of atmospheric carbon on global warming, there is an equally worrisome effect of carbon dioxide on the oceans: ocean acidification (or OA for short). Here at I2SEA we have a series of resources about OA, including Our Acidifying Ocean, which is an introductory activity and virtual lab (note: now mobile compatible!).

A student suggested that we start a conversation topic about OA, and here it is! Have you heard about Ocean Acidification? If so, are you worried about it? How do you think we can best raise awareness about it among your fellow students and the general public? Have you seen particularly good links or films about OA that you would like to share? What are you doing to address the problem?




Ocean Acidification >

Supercharged Corals placed in the wrong environment??

sockmonkeylover

I recently read an article about this woman named Ruth Gates, she intends create supercharged corals and how she wants to help prevent the decrease of amount of coral. I completely agree with Ruth and her helpful ways to better the environment. I think she gave the right amount of data on the article. One thing that I recently saw and enjoyed in this document was her consideration into not moving any super corals to Australia. In biology class, we have been learning for the past couple of days what invasive species are and what they do to the environment. I find it very wise for Ruth to consider that by placing super corals in Australia would not be a smart decision because Hawaiian corals have a very different species than the coral species that lives in Australia. Overall I completely agree with Ruth Gates, and the way she intends to help the environment and make it stronger.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

This site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Privacy
Terms