Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

ISCFC Schools in the News!

Many ISCFC classes have been featured in their local newspapers and on local TV shows. Please post any stories that describe your participation in the ISCFC or any other environmental projects.

You can post stories in the original language used, and we can use Google Translate to see the article in another language. You can use links to post YouTube videos of your project.

ISCFC Schools in the News! >

Bishop O'Dowd High School Commended for its Sustainability Programs

fortalezaf16

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_28 … ings-green
Bishop O'Dowd was praised as a "model of what is possible" by a local San Francisco Bay Area news group. Recent environmental efforts include installing 198 solar panels, replacing grass with artificial turf, and building a new Center for Environmental Studies classroom building that has been LEED certified. Many students are also active in an environmental club called Students for Sustainability, dedicated to greening our campus, with actions such as promoting the proper use of the different colored waste bins, and banning plastic water bottles from being sold on campus. Students also spend time working in a large wildlife habitat and outdoor classroom named the Living Lab, containing outdoor classrooms, student-maintained gardens, bee hives, and chickens. You can see more at our school's website http://bishopodowd.org/activities/sustainability.php
Do any of your schools have similar curriculums or opportunities?

PamMiller

Wonderful to see you in the news!

hansona16

Hi Francis! I had no idea that our school received this prestigious accolade! Go Dragons! I am so proud to be a part of this O'Dowd community. Being involved in it is definitely more powerful than merely reading about it in the news. I can confidently say that being a part of the Bishop O'Dowd community has changed my views on how we treat our planet, and how we must take action to help make our world a greener place. Though our school has taken a lot of steps towards sustainability, we can't stop here! We need to keep taking these steps and keep all of our students aware of their personal and communal impact on our Earth. Through this, one little private school has the ability to cause a major (and necessary) chain reaction of green living.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer