Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

ISCFC Schools in the News!

Many ISCFC classes have been featured in their local newspapers and on local TV shows. Please post any stories that describe your participation in the ISCFC or any other environmental projects.

You can post stories in the original language used, and we can use Google Translate to see the article in another language. You can use links to post YouTube videos of your project.

ISCFC Schools in the News! >

Reduce, Re-use, Recycle!

breenab

I travel more than 200 miles per week playing sports, traveling to school, hanging out with friends, etc. Obviously, I'm not going to change that because those 3 things are a huge portion of my everyday life. However, something I will work on changing is how much I recycle. I hardly ever take time to separate my garbage between paper, plastic and glass, therefore I can begin by doing so. Some other things I can do to take it even further is to use my own containers at to go restaurants, to re-use water bottles for other drinks or even to simply use a hand towel for multiple washes instead of a paper towel per every wash. I believe that my contribution will make a difference, although it may be small, it still matters.

lliyreland

thanks for inspiring me to do the same! totally agree with you 100%.

victorean

Nice! I support what your doing, the fact that I averaged close to an average Californian with CO2 emission puts me to shame. I hope to lessen my habits and help the environment. Global warming is very one sided, despite scientist predictions many things have happened to worsen the Earth. I hope humans can survive to be prosperous and repair human disruptions to the environment. I also, pledge to Reduce, Re-use, Recycle!

wongc15

I agree with you, breenab, that it is hard to completely change our habits to decrease our carbon dioxide emissions. There are parts of my lifestyle that I can't easily change, like having an old car with poor gas mileage, having to drive to school, or hanging out with friends. But, like you were saying, I can help in other ways. I have noticed that I've become more concerned with how I sort through my trash when my school started promoting it and when I did this project. I've even started to tell my parents what they can and can't recycle. Even though we may not be able to change all of our habits, we can definitely do something to make a difference and improve our world.

Summer-Skye

I agree but at the same time no we shouldn't change how much we hang out with friends and everything but if we do that and we drive to get everywhere how does that help the environment. I do agree I will recycle more. (Ohio,USA)

bellaosias

Reusing  things is something that everyone should do! Nice idea.

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer