Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

ISCFC Schools in the News!

Many ISCFC classes have been featured in their local newspapers and on local TV shows. Please post any stories that describe your participation in the ISCFC or any other environmental projects.

You can post stories in the original language used, and we can use Google Translate to see the article in another language. You can use links to post YouTube videos of your project.

ISCFC Schools in the News! >

Bishop O'Dowd in Oakland, CA named Top Green School in the Nation

dangeles

http://www.bishopodowd.org/odowd-named- … ol-nation/

Bishop O’Dowd was named a 2016 US Department of Education Green Ribbon School. The school was also the first Catholic school to receive the “highest-level honor (Green Achiever" in California’s Green Ribbon School program. Some of the initiatives that reduced the schools environmental impact include: the building of a LEED-platinum Center for Environmental Studies, gaining recognition as a Fair Trade School (only one of 16 K-12 schools to receive this recognition), installing solar panels, the four-acre wildlife habitat + edible garden called the Living Lab, and much more.

At our most recent football game, me and a few others from our school’s Sustainability Corps leadership team were honored at halftime for our student contributions to the school’s sustainability and can be seen holding the award in the picture attached.

I hope that my school's work in sustainability inspires and leads other schools around the globe to implement sustainable practices on their campuses, too!

[IMG_2529](//muut.com/u/footprint/s2/:footprint:n17I:img_2529.jpg.jpg)

hodin

fantastic!

yogirloli

yay!

enyatellez

Our school is a top green school because both the students and the administration care about helping the environment.  The administration cares about the environment because it allowed the alumni and students to go through with constructing the center for environmental studies: two science labs that are made out of completely environmentally sustainable materials.  Also, the students and some alumni constructed the living lab where we do scientific research as well as learn about how to take care of the environment.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer