Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Open Forum

Want to dicuss an ISCFC-related topic that you don't see listed yet? Here is your page for that!

The ISCFC team will then choose some of these student-envisioned discussions to feature on their own discussion page.

Open Forum >

The Small things matter

Tdenney - SJRState

The small details we tend to forget; here are some small ways to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Eat low on the food chain. As you move up in the food chain 90% of energy is released in heat. If you eat lower you will reduce that waste.
- If you are going to fly, fly nonstop since landings and takeoffs use more fuel and produce more emissions.
- Keep the tires on your car properly inflated and get regular tune-ups. When your car’s tires are low on pressure, it has to work harder to move from point A to point B, wasting gas and increasing emissions in the process.
- Consume less. Simply buying less stuff is a good route to lower emissions

margotped

i've never thought about this before but i absolutely will now!Lots of people don't realise that things as simple as this can have a pretty big affect on their footprints.

Logan64

I agree with you and I don' think people realize how big of a difference it would make if something like every person had a vegetarian meal once a week. Something so small would make a big difference if everyone did it which people need to be shown.

Naomimcm(canada)

I agree, the least we could do to help with climate change is make these little simple changes in our lives. Yes these ideas would definitely make a large impact on your personal carbon footprint! If everyone in the world were to do this it would be great. There are many other options to reducing your carbon footprint, like; not buying the new iPhone as soon as it comes out, not buying new clothes and giving away your old clothes to friends and family or just people who need them. These are all great and very simple ways to reduce your own carbon footprint.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer