Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Want or Need?

Katedutton

when you are considering buying something, think to yourself, "do I really need this? could I live without it? what does this do to the climate?"

Jeannette

I totally agree with you, I think we should always think about the consequences before buying anything. Moreover, having many many objects that don't serve won't make you happier. We should only buy useful objects or objects that really make us happier and not a superficial happiness. We should not buy objects just to buy them.

hastBOD

To add on, I think we need to be more cautious about what brands we are buying from because a lot of companies test their products out on animals and have packaging that is not good for our environment. I know that sometimes we are put in situations where the only option is non environmentally friendly products, which is ok every now and then, but referring back to what you said, we have to limit the number of times we let that happen by asking ourselves "Do I need this? How will it affect the environment?". According to the website Cruelty-Free Kitty, several brands such as L'Orel, MAC, Maybelline, and Nars still test their products on animals. As a community trying to work towards a better environment, we all need to be more cautious about what brands we are buying from and how often we do so.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer