Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Do I need it or do I want it?

SiMcBOD

I have a big struggle of deciding if I really want it or do I need it. I think having the question with you can help with your everyday life to help the environment around you. When going to the grocery store think do I really need it or do I want it? Or is this going to help the environment. My personal problem is shopping since I pay for some of my clothes I go for the cheap-fast fashion. For my personal needs I should start  finding affordable and safe items to better the environment. This struggle of mine caused me to have a higher carbon footprint purchase than I expected, now moving forward and realizing what my carbon footprint is, I have a plan to better the earth and my environment.

riduBOD

I have a hard time deciding if I need something or do I want something. This decision can affect life and the environment around you. Asking yourself that question can help improve and make the environment look more positive. Also, ask yourself "how will this affect the environment." These simple decisions and questions can save our environment if we all participate. Some examples of how I can help the environment is when I go to the grocery store or a clothing store like Urban Outfitters I can ask myself "do I need this, or do I want this." This can also often occur when people referring to teenagers who shop for fast-fasion. Instead of shopping for cheap fast fashion, we should think to ourselves and buy more affordable and better items for our environment. This can cause people's carbon footprints to be higher. Now that I know my carbon footprint, I will proceed to better myself and remember "what can I do to make the environment better."

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer