Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

How to Lower your Carbon Emissions from Transportation

nokiBOD

As stated by the Environmental Protection Agency, in the U.S., transportation results in 29 percent of greenhouse gas emissions. A large percentage of those emissions are from the types of cars that most of us drive every single day. The Environmental Protection Agency states that an average American driving a gas-fueled car emits about 4.6 metric tons of carbon dioxide every single year. There are many ways to make sure that you are lower than that average. You can buy an electric car that completely eliminates your CO2 emissions and also it saves you money, start taking public transportation, carpool with friends, or even just driving more efficiently. Because I have to drive long distances for my sport, surfing, my carbon emissions from transportation are very high. To counteract these high emissions, I usually carpool with at least one of my friends so that we emit half of the carbon as we would have if we had driven separately.

fs235

sustaineble cities
could be a great idea make a city a green and zero carbon footprint city. this is a very good example of think big and apply these toughts in real life. at this time it probabily looks like only a dream, but world needs people that believe in these crazy changes and i'm one of them. in a near future i believe that will be a big city where you will be only able to move by riding your bike or taking one of its electrics buses, we have only to put some effort on it and all could be possible for sure.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer