Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/include/common.php on line 89

Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/include/common.php on line 93

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/include/common.php:89) in /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/header.php on line 14

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/include/common.php:89) in /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/header.php on line 15

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/include/common.php:89) in /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/header.php on line 16

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/include/common.php:89) in /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/header.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/include/common.php:89) in /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/header.php on line 20

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/include/common.php:89) in /nfs/bronfs/uwfs/hw00/d66/i2sea/iscfc/fluxBB/header.php on line 30
Wants or Needs? / Wants or Needs? / ISCFC Discussion Forum
Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Wants or Needs?

juwrBOD5

In my experience the idea of convenience has almost alway gotten in the way of focussing only on what I need. Also based on what I have seen in others, I am not alone in this. When I go to a store and see something that I might want, I immediately focus on that thing instead of whatever I need. I think a lot of people buy certain items  because it makes some aspect of their life easier, but from the carbon calculator I learned how big of an impact little things like that can have. I must try to be rational when there is something I want. I will have to think if it serves me any real  purpose and about how it might factor into my carbon footprint. I don't really go out to stores often, so I would hope with that fact and being more aware would lower my carbon footprint.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer