Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

Sustainable Ciity

albo24

I think a sustainable city would have more popularized green methods of transportation and events promoting it. Bill Henry from PeakOil.net says “Vehicles are America’s biggest air quality compromisers, producing about one-third of all U.S. air pollution,” National Geographic asserts. “The smog, carbon monoxide, and other toxins emitted by vehicles are especially troubling because they leave tailpipes at street level, where humans breathe the polluted air directly into their lungs. That can make auto emissions an even more immediate health concern than toxins emitted high in the sky by industrial smokestacks.” So in a sustainable city they would want to have greener methods of transportation as vehicles cause so much air pollution. I think the city would make it easier to walk or bike to places. I also think the sustainable city would make it easier to take public transportation places as to lower air pollution from the city. Next I assume the sustainable city would have events promoting green transportation such as an event I had at my Elementary School. The even consisted of having a big poster on the yard in the morning and when we got to school we would put a sticker in column that said the type of transportation we took. It was very heavily encouraged to take green transportation to school and at least in my personal experienced it worked. The event got me educated about green methods of transportation and I tried to be as green as I could that week with my transportation. I think the city's main transportation system being green would make me want to live in the city as I want to do what's best for my planet so less species, plant and people suffer.

albo24

*Sustainable City not Sustainable Ciity

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer