PREP fellows get to do a broad range of activities during the year the program lasts.
- Each fellow has the opportunity to job-shadow a professional who works in industry or in a non-academic setting and whose job is related to the career interests of the fellow.
- All fellows get to visit one or two local biotech/pharma companies where they receive a tour accompanied with talks and lectures from some of the scientists who work there.
- Several social events are organized throughout the year to facilitate friendship and human relations among fellows. We count with a welcome lunch, BBQs, happy hours, hikes and visits to museums.
- Fellows have the opportunity to give back to the community by volunteering in science fairs and events.
- In May all fellows present their research at the UW Undergraduate Research Symposium