Each year, we offer 5 first-year positions for residents who have completed at least their PGY-3 year of general psychiatry residency. Applicants for the first-year positions must have successfully completed their PGY-3 year prior to entry into the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency.
Positions are filled through the National Resident Matching Program. We start interviewing during the summer months, though most of our interviews take place in the fall.
All applicants for 1st year (PGY-4 or 5) positions should submit the following materials through ERAS:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- A letter of recommendation from your General Psychiatry Training Director which includes:
- A statement that the applicant has satisfied the training objectives for reaching the level of training indicated in the application; any deficiencies must be stated
- All clinical and didactic experiences for which the resident received credit, and the exact dates of these experiences
- The status for the applicant re: completion of the 3 required Clinical Skills Evaluations
- Specify any areas of general psychiatry training remaining to be completed at the time of transfer from the general psychiatry residency into our child and adolescent psychiatry residency
- A statement regarding the residents performance (fund of knowledge, clinical judgment)
- A statement regarding professional integrity (empathy towards patients, professional interactions, motivation to learn)
- Our Program Director or a member of our Education Committee may speak directly with the applicant's Program Director. If any questions are raised, further verbal or written evaluation is requested.
- At least two additional letters of recommendation from faculty in your program
- A personal statement regarding your interest in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- A current curriculum vitae
- A photo
- An official medical school transcript and Dean's letter
- USMLE Scores
For all applicants, please list any special areas of interest on your application form so that we can schedule your interview day to allow you to meet faculty and residents with similar interests.
For additional information, please contact Shirin Salzer, Program Coordinator, by email (preferred) at email@example.com or by phone at (206) 987-3268.