Thank you for your interest in our Program. Each year, we offer 5 first-year positions for residents who have successfully completed at least three years of an ACGME-accredited residency in Psychiatry. Applicants for the first-year positions must have successfully completed their PGY-3 year prior to entry into the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CAP) Residency.
Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All positions are filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). We start interviewing in mid to late August and usually finish prior to the Thanksgiving holiday.
All applicants for 1st year (PGY-4 or 5) CAP positions should submit the following materials through ERAS:
- Completed ERAS application form.
- Personal statement regarding your interest in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Please include special areas of interest you may have so that if selected to interview we can schedule you to meet faculty and residents with similar interests.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A photo
All applicants for 1st year (PGY-4 or 5) CAP positions should arrange to have the following materials submitted through ERAS via the authorized parties as detailed on the ERAS website:
- One Letter of Recommendation from your General Psychiatry Training
Director which includes:
- A completed Program Director’s Verification Form Attesting to Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (CAP) Fellowship Eligibility
- A statement that the applicant has satisfied the training objectives for reaching the level of training indicated in the application; any deficiencies must be stated
- A statement regarding the residents performance (fund of knowledge, clinical judgment)
- A statement regarding professional integrity (empathy towards patients,
professional interactions, motivation to learn)
(Note: Our Program Director or a member of our Admissions Committee may speak directly with the applicant's Program Director. If any questions are raised, further verbal or written evaluation is requested.)
- Two to three Letters of Recommendation (LoRs) from Faculty in your program.
- A Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- An official Medical School Transcript
- USMLE and/or COMLEX Transcripts. (Completion of USMLE Step 3 is required prior to starting the CAP Residency program)
For additional information, please contact Shirin Salzer, Program Coordinator, by email (preferred) at email@example.com or by phone at (206) 987-3268.