SSW MSW Blog

Join the SSW Graduation Committee

The 2017 School of Social Work Graduation is Thursday, June 8th at Alaska Airlines (formerly Hec Ed) Pavilion.

This year’s School of Social Work graduation celebration will provide opportunities for each graduating cohort (i.e. MSW EDP + MSW DAY + BASW + PhD) to offer a 3-5 minute presentation. This presentation by each cohort takes place during the graduation ceremony in Alaska Airlines Pavilion just before you arise as a group to ascend the stage to accept your diplomas from the Dean.

The committee may select one of the following for the presentation on Thursday, June 8th:

–          A video

–          A performance

–          Speaker(s)

To begin planning, I am requesting that interested members of your cohort meet with me to discuss your ideas for this presentation. The product of this presentation is completely dependent upon the interests of your planning group.

We are starting this process earlier this year so planners will have enough time to brainstorm, consult, and produce!  If you have ideas, please get involved now!  We’ll talk about options and resources.  I will not be directing anything – rather, my role is to support you and your classmates in this process in any way I can.  Please know that those who step forward will be making decisions about the presentation – and we will let you know who your representatives are.

Please email Bilen Million at bilenm@uw.edu if you’d like to be a part of the committee or if you have any questions!

Comments