SSW MSW Blog

invitation to the first disability studies graduate student cluster meeting, Nov 1 at 5:30PM

I am Venkatesh, the organizer for a disability studies graduate students cluster and I invite graduate students with disabilities, or graduate students who work with people with disabilities to the first 2019-2020 disability studies graduate students cluster meeting on Nov 1, 5:30-7:30PM in the Bill and Melinda Gates center for Computer Science and Engineering. Snacks and refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP by sending an email to vpotluri@cs.washington.edu with:

• Who is coming. (Please feel free to bring a friend along and RSVP for them here)
  • Any dietary restrictions.
  • Any access accommodations.
  • Anything else we need to be aware of.

Previous events have given a space for students with disabilities to share experiences, provide and seek advice, and form a connection with students with disabilities across UW. Personally, as a new transplant to the US, and as an international graduate student with disability, I found great value in the presence of this community in 2018-2019. For the first meeting, I seek your help in shaping our meetings to make this cluster just as meaningful for you.

If you are new to UW, welcome! I look forward to getting to know you. If you have been in previous iterations of this cluster, I look forward to meeting you again.

Comments