Urinary Incontinence Quality of Life Scale (I-QOL)
A self-report Quality of Life measure specific to urinary problems that can be used to assess the impact of urinary problems and their treatment.
List of Existing Translations:
- Afrikaans, Arabic (Israel), Bulgarian, Chinese-Cantonese (Hong Kong), Chinese-Mandarin (Singapore), Chichewe, Chinese-Mandarin (Taiwan), Croation, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Belgium), Dutch (Netherlands), English (Australia), English (Canada), English (New Zealand), English (Singapore), English (South Africa), English (Taiwan), English (US), English (UK), Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, French (France), French (Belgium), French (Canada), Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi (India), Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada (India), Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay (Malaysia), Marathi (India), Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Russian (Israel), Russion (Lithuania), Russian (Ukraine), Serbian - Cyrillic script (Serbia), Serbian - Latin script (Serbia), Serbo Croatian, Slovak, Spanish (Argentina), Spanish (Chile), Spanish (Colombia), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Peru), Spanish (Spain), Spanish (US), Swedish, Tamil (Malaysia), Tamil (Singapore), Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian.
Validation Reference(s):1. Patrick DL, Martin ML, Bushnell DM, Yalcin I, Wagner TH, Buesching DP. (1999). Quality of life of women with urinary incontinence: further development of the incontinence quality of life instrument (I-QOL). Urology, 53(1) 71-76.
2. Patrick DL, Martin ML, Bushnell DM, Marquis P, Andrejasich CM, Buesching DP. (1999). Cultural adapatation of a quality-of-life measure for urinary incontinence. European Urology, 36(5), 427-435.
3. Bushnell DM, Martin M L, Summers KH, Svihra J, Lionis C, Patrick DL. (2005). Quality of life of women with urinary incontinence: cross-cultural performance of 15 language versions of the I-QOL. Quality of Life Research, 14(8), 1901-1913.
4. Yalcin I, Patrick DL, Summers K, Kinchen K, Bump RC. (2006). Minimal clinically important differences in Incontinence Quality-of-Life scores in stress urinary incontinence. Urology, 67(6), 1304-1308.
5. Nojomi M, Baharvand P, Moradi LM, Patrick DL. (2009). Incontinence quality of life questionnaire (I-QOL): translation and validation study of the Iranian version. International Urogynecological Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, 20(5), 575-579.
6. Patrick, D. L., Khalaf, K. M., Dmochowski, R., Kowalski, J. W., & Globe, D. R. (2013). Psychometric performance of the incontinence quality-of-life questionnaire among patients with overactive bladder and urinary incontinence. [Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]. Clin Ther, 35(6), 836-845.
- Articles in Literature Using the I-QOL from January 1, 1996 to February 27, 2013
- Questions? Instrument Distribution Coordinator or 1-800-291-2193