The following is a partial list of recent publications including SeaQoL Group authors.
- Patrick DL, Bell JF, Huang JY, Lazarakis NC, Edwards TC. (2013) Bullying and quality of life in youths perceived as gay, lesbian, or bisexual in Washington state, 2010. Am J Public Health. 103(7):1255-61
- Meyer A, Sie K, Skalicky A, Edwards TC, Schick B, Niparko J, Patrick DL. (2013) Quality of life in youth with severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 139(3):294-300
- Patrick DL, Khalaf KM, Dmochowski R, Kowalski JW, Globe DR. (2013) Psychometric Performance of the Incontinence Quality-of-Life Questionnaire Among Patients With Overactive Bladder and Urinary Incontinence. Clin Ther. 35(6):836-845
- Patrick, DL, Edwards, Skalicky, AM. (2011) "Glass Half Full or Glass Half Empty": the Youth Quality of Life (YQOL) Generic and Condition-Specific Modules. PRO Newsletter 46 (Fall issue): 25-30
- Patrick, DL, Skalicky, AM, Edwards, TC, Kuniyuki A, Morales, LS, Leng, M, Kirschenbaum DS. (2011) Weight loss and changes in generic and weight-specific quality of life in obese adolescents. Quality of Life Research. 20(6):961-8
- Morales, LS, Edwards, Flores,Y, Barr L,Patrick, DL. (2011) Measurement properties of a multicultural weight-specific quality-of-life instrument for children and adolescents. Quality of Life Research. 20(2):215-24
- Cardenas DD, Topolski TD, White CJ, McLaughlin JF, Walker WO. (2008) Sexual Functioning in Adolescents and Young Adults with Spina Bifida Arch Phys Med Rehab. 89(1):31-5
- Patrick DL, Topolski TD, Edwards TC, Aspinall CL, Kapp-Simon KA, Rumsey NJ, Strauss RP, Thomas CR. (2007) Measuring the quality of life of youth with facial differences. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 44(5):538-47.
- Diehr P, Lafferty WE, Patrick DL, Downey L, Devlin SM, Standish LJ. (2007) Quality of life at the end of life. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 3;5(1):51
- Drossman D, Morris CB, Hu Y, Toner BB, Diamant N, Whitehead WE, Dalton CB, Leserman J, Patrick DL, Bangdiwala SI. (2007) Characterization of health related quality of life (HRQOL) for patients with functional bowel disorder (FBD) and its response to treatment. Am J Gastroenterol. 102(7):1442-53.
- Strauss R.P., Ramsey B.L., Edwards T.C., Topolski T.D., Kapp-Simon K.A., Thomas C.R., Fenson C., Patrick D.L. (2007). Stigma experiences in youth with facial differences: a multi-site study of adolescents and their mothers. Orthodontics and Craniofacial Research, 10(2), 96-103.
- Norman GR, Wyrwich KW, Patrick DL. (2007) The mathematical relationship among different forms of responsiveness coefficients. Qual Life Res. 16(5):815-22.
- Topolski T.D., LoGerfo J., Patrick D.L., Williams B., Walwick J., Patrick M.B. (2006). The Rapid Assessment of Physical Activity (RAPA) among older adults. Prevention of Chronic Disorders, 3(4), A118.
- Mouradian W, Edwards T, Topolski T, Rumsey N, Patrick D (2006). Are we helping children? Outcome assessments in craniofacial care. In E. Parens (ed), Surgically Shaping Children. Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Edwards, T.C., Patrick, D.L., Topolski, T.D., Aspinall, C., Mouradian, W.E., & Speltz, M.L. (2005). Approaches to craniofacial-specific quality of life assessment in adolescents. Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, 42(1), 19-24.
- Kinne, S., & Topolski, T. D. (2005). Inclusion of people with disabilities in telephone health surveillance surveys. American Journal of Public Health, 95(3), 512-517.
- Topolski, T.D., Edwards, T.C., Patrick, D.L. (2005). Quality of life: How do adolescents with facial differences compare with other adolescents? Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, 42(1), 25-32.
- Patrick, D.L., Bushnell, D.M., & Rothman, M. (2004). Performance of two self report measures for evaluating obesity and weight loss. Obesity Research, 12(1), 48-57.
- Patrick, D. L. (2003). Patient-reported outcomes (pros): An organizing tool for concepts, measures, and applications. Quality of Life Newsletter, 31(Fall), 1-5.
- Topolski, T.D., Edwards, T.C., Patrick, D.L. (2004). Toward youth self-report of health and quality of life in population monitoring. Ambulatory Pediatrics, 4(4), 387-394.
- Topolski, T.D., Edwards, T.C., Patrick, D.L., Varley, P., Way, M.E. and Buesching, D.P. (2004). Quality of life of adolescent males with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Journal of Attention Disorders, 7(3), 163-173.
- Edwards, T.C., Patrick, D.L., & Topolski, T.D. (2003). Quality of life of adolescents with perceived disabilities. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 28(4), 233-241.
- Patel, K. K., Veenstra, D. L., & Patrick, D. L. (2003). A review of selected patient-generated outcome measures and their application in clinical trials. Value Health, 6(5), 595-603.
- Patrick, D. L., Ferketich, S. L., Frame, P. S., Harris, J. J., Hendricks, C. B., Levin, B., et al. (2003). National institutes of health state-of-the-science conference statement: Symptom management in cancer: Pain, depression, and fatigue, July 15-17, 2002. Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 95(15), 1110-1117.
- Belza, B., Topolski, T.D., Kinne, S., Patrick, D.L., & Ramsey, S.D. (2002). Does adherence make a difference? Results from a community-based aquatic exercise program. Nursing Research, 51(5), 285-291.
- Edwards, T.C., Huebner, C.E., Connell, F.A., & Patrick, D.L. (2002). Adolescent Quality of Life, Part I: Conceptual and measurement model. Journal of Adolescence, 25(3), 275-286.
- Patrick, D.L., Edwards, T.C., & Topolski, T.D.(2002) Adolescent Quality of Life, Part II: Initial Validation of a New Instrument. Journal of Adolescence. 25(3), 287-300.
- Topolski, T.D., Edwards, T.C., & Patrick, D.L. (2002). User's Manual and Interpretation Guide for the Youth Quality of Life (YQOL) Instruments. Seattle, WA: University of Washington, Department of Health Services (See the Instruments page).
- Patrick, D.L., Ramsey, S.D., Spencer, A.C., Kinne, Belza, B., Topolski, T.D. (2001). Economic evaluation of aquatic exercise for persons with osteoarthritis. Medical Care. 39(5), 413-424.
- Ramsey, S.D., Spencer, A.C., Topolski, T.D., Belza, B., & Patrick, D.L. (2001). Use of alternative care by older adults with osteoarthritis. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 45(3), 222-227.
- Topolski, T.D., Patrick, D.L. Edwards, T.C., Huebner, C.E., Connell, F.A., & Mount, K.K. (2001). Quality of life and health risk behaviors among adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health, 29(6), 426-435.
Journal Impact Ratings
Literature Search Tools