Embedded in the core values of the University of Washington is a commitment to ensuring access to a quality higher education experience for a diverse student population. Disability Resources for Students (DRS) recognizes disability as an aspect of diversity that is integral to society and to our campus community. DRS serves as a partner in fostering an inclusive and equitable environment for all University of Washington students.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Comparison of IDEA, Section 504 and the ADA (Wrights Law)
- Comparison of IDEA, Section 504 and the ADA (Office for Civil Rights)
- Washington State Core Services Act
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Washington State Anti-Discrimination Law
Here are some policies regarding disabilities at the UW.
- Chapter 478–128-030 WAC: Animal Control at the University of Washington
- Chapter 478–128-020 WAC: Definitions, Animal Control at the University of Washington
- WAC 162-26-135 Removal of a dog guide or service animal
- UW Executive Order Non-discrimination and Affirmative Action
- Student Governance and Polices, Scholastic Regulations: Chapter 117