HaRRT Center Research Study Assistant job description (temporary, 1-year)
Under the direction of the Co-Directors, the University of Washington-Harborview Medical Center’s Harm Reduction Research & Treatment (HaRRT) Center seeks to hire a full-time temporary Research Study Assistant for a one year duration (June 1, 2021-May 31, 2022) to support projects operating out of the HaRRT Center. The HaRRT Center conducts research and evaluations, including biomedical and/or behavioral sciences studies that aim to reduce substance related harm and improve quality of life for substance users and their communities, including people experiencing homelessness.
The research study assistant will:
- Create and deliver participant packets and other study materials, as needed
- Complete data entry, management, and accuracy checks
- Conduct study assessments (over Zoom and in person)
- Track participants/make reminder calls
- Assist research coordinator/study directors with written reports, study mail outs, and other study related duties
- Complete other day-to-day study-related tasks, as necessary and directed by research coordinators/study directors
Competitive candidates will be attentive to detail, highly motivated, have the ability to multitask, take direction from more than one person, and be able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people. We value diversity and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse identities, traditions, heritages, and experiences.
Two years of college-level course work in a relevant academic area AND one year of research experience OR equivalent educational background.
Evidence of independence, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational ability, effective time management skills, strong problem-solving skills, and high attention to detail.
- Training in CITI Human Subjects and HIPAA Compliance protocols
- Knowledge of medical and psychiatric terminology
- Training and understanding in harm reduction philosophy
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and competence communicating and working with health professionals, faculty members and researchers, and diverse groups within the general public
- Experience working with REDCap, Excel and SPSS
- Access to a car
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. In the Subject Line of the email please reference “HaRRT Center Research Study Assistant.”