CONCEPT: Self Esteem
Participants complete a worksheet to help them develop ideas for how they can support and nurture themselves.
After completing this activity, participants will be able to:
- describe "positive self-talk"
- change a negative thought into a positive idea
- list three ways they can reward themselves (positive self-talk, giving themselves a compliment, doing something they enjoy)
Distribute the worksheet "Rewarding Yourself".
Explain: "It is important for people to develop ways to support and nurture themselves. This is useful when you're facing a tough job and need a pick-me-up and when you've done something spectacular and need a reward. Today we're going to think about ways we can support and reward ourselves."
Work through the worksheet together, in sections:
- Discuss the section first. The sections include: Positive Self-Talk, Compliments, Having Fun.
- Give participants time to complete the questions in that section.
- Discuss their responses to the questions.
- Move on to the next section.
- Worksheet: Rewarding Yourself
Save this worksheet and look at it periodically during the year to remind yourself of the different ways you can support and reward yourself.