This section features the nutrition education curriculum developed by the Cristine M. Trahms Program for Phenylketonuria. Materials were developed for and tested by preschool-aged children (ages 2-5 years).
Each activity includes a list of objectives, lesson plan, and an activity or worksheet that can be reproduced. Information developed for parents and families of children is also included.
Most of the books used in the activities can be found at public libraries or book stores. Ordering information is provided for books that might be difficult to locate.
Please credit the Cristine M. Trahms Program for Phenylketonuria when making copies of activities.
Activities are organized by topic:
- Wicker's Wishes
- My Best Friend Is Me
- Why Am I Different?
- I Like Me
- Alexander the Elephant Who Couldn't Eat Peanuts
- Darcie Dines Out
- Fishing for Fruits and Vegetables
- Fruit Favorites
- I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato
- Lunch Time Helper
- Oliver's Fruit Salad
- Oliver's Vegetables
- Picky Pig - A Tale About Trying New Things
- The Foods We Eat
- If We Are What We Eat
- Teaching Earthling Rules
- Muffy's Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving Cornucopia
- Theodore's Christmas Dinner
- Trick or Treat Grab Bag
- A Toothful Story
- Calvin Calcium
- Fruit and Vegetable Character Crowns
- The Square that Liked to be Messy
- Other Children's Books