This section features the nutrition education curriculum developed by the Cristine M. Trahms Program for Phenylketonuria. Materials were developed for and tested by adolescents between the ages of 12 and 18 years.
Each activity includes a list of objectives, lesson plan, and an activity or worksheet that can be reproduced. Most of the books used in the activities can be found at public libraries or book stores. Ordering information is provided for books that might be difficult to locate.
Please credit the Cristine M. Trahms Program for Phenylketonuria when making copies of activities.
Activities are organized by topic:
What is PKU?
- Learning the "Real" Phe Content of Foods
- Learning the "Real" Phe Content of Potatoes
- Magical Soup Evaluation Tour
- PKU Camp Menus
- Reading Labels
- Stations for Liquids
- Christmas Dinner at Aunt Junie May's House
- Holiday Food Choices
- Just for Fun: Holiday Scrambled Food Fun