Disability Resources for Students
College Transition Resources
Transitioning from K-12 to Higher Education
- Differences Between K-12 & Higher Education has in-depth information and resources.
- Preparing Students with Disabilities for Post secondary Education: Resource Guide for use with school staff
- DO-IT College Transition Help and Finding the Right Campus
- Letter to Parents from Jane Jarrow (PDF)
- Going-to-College.org is designed to assist high school students with disabilities in their transition to college.
- The College: Continuing and Higher Education webpage from Wrightslaw.com is designed to assist students in all stages of the college planning process.
- The College and College Prep webpage from LD Online provides information specifically for students with Learning Disabilities who are transitioning to college.
Transitioning from 2 year college to 4 year college
- Moving On: The Two-Four Step
- 2-4: A Promising Practice in Supporting Transitions from Two- to Four-Year Colleges
- How can I help a two-year college student transition to a four-year school?
- What challenges do students with disabilities face as they transition from two-year to four-year colleges?
- What can disabled student services offices do to help students with disabilities successfully transition from two- to four-year colleges?
- What advice can I give to a college student with a disability to promote their success?
Succeeding in College and at Work: Students with Disabilities Tell Their Stories Students with disabilities share strategies to successfully stay in school, graduate and get jobs. They discuss their struggles with self-reporting their disability and negotiating accommodations in school and at work.
In the College: You can DO-IT! video presentation, students with disabilities and staff share advice for success in college. It is designed for high school students with disabilities preparing for college. The presentation is open-captioned and audio-described to assure access to the content for viewers who are deaf or blind, respectively (Run Time: ~13:43 minutes).