- Collaborations will be undertaken on a first-come basis.
- If a localization experiment has been performed with one laboratory and another lab requests the same experiment, we will not repeat the experiment unless the originating laboratory has discontinued work on the results or no data was obtained.
- Given the potential for different results for mass spectrometry analysis of protein complexes (based on expertise, cell conditions, etc), we will consider projects involving the same protein complex.
Data Release Guidelines
Ideally all collaborations with the YRC would lead to publications in a timely manner. We recognize that this will not always be the case. We assure you that all data is treated confidentially. Until the release time, only the collaborator will have access to the data. However, given the policies outlined above concerning the duplication of experiments, it is apparent that at some point others, in addition to the individual collaborator, should have knowledge of our results. These are the general policies regarding public disclosure. Data will not be released without prior discussions. Specific arrangements can be made to justify prolonging the release time.
- Co-localization: Results obtained in co-localization experiments will be released 12 months after completion of the experiment.
- Mass Spectrometry: Results obtained from mass spectrometry experiments will be released 12 months after completion of the experiment.