There are many ways you can get involved and join us in our quest to conquer HIV. Donating to HIV research makes a huge difference. Learn more about CFAR membership, and how you can stay connected to our Center through our Facebook page, mailing list and Office of Community Engagement. When available, we will post information about volunteer, student, and employment opportunities. Together we can move toward a future where the battle against HIV is won!
While the UW/Fred Hutch CFAR is primarily supported by annual grant funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), each year we also rely on individual donations to continue to bring new investigators into the HIV research field, fund new technologies and approaches (including HIV cure), and to cover essential services, equipment and supplies that may not be supported by our federal grant funding. Your support does make a difference. Working together we can achieve the goal of conquering HIV and AIDS through multidisciplinary research.
UW/Fred Hutch CFAR members are comprised of faculty, trainees, research scientists, and other HIV investigators involved in HIV/AIDS research at our four affiliated institutions (University of Washington, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Infectious Disease Research Institute, Seattle Children’s, University of Hawaii at Manoa), as well as many international affiliates and regional partners.
CFAR members are entitled to:
- Access Core facilities at little or no cost
- Become a Member of a Scientific Working Group to collaborate with other researchers working in a specific area of interest
- Apply for or propose colleagues for Developmental Core funding opportunities
- Apply for CFAR supplemental funding opportunities
- Receive email notices of HIV-related symposia, conferences, seminars, trainings, funding opportunities, employment opportunities, and other useful information.
To become a CFAR-affiliated member, email email@example.com or fill out a membership form.
Questions about CFAR membership can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.