CFAR Cores and Scientific Working Groups provide biostatistical, laboratory, study design, and other services that are quality-controlled, cost-effective and convenient. These services are supported by the CFAR, freeing investigators of the need to set up and pay for these services themselves. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about finding a service.
The Administrative Core supports collaborative, multidisciplinary, translational HIV/AIDS research and training at our consortium institutions.
The Behavioral Innovations Core (BIC) is the intersection of behavioral science and digital health, and provides support, knowledge, and skills in diverse contexts to further HIV prevention and care research while addressing health equity, access, ethics and policy.
- Behavioral Science Research Consultation
- Qualitative Research Methods Workshops
Biomarkers, Prevention and Interventions for HIV-associated malignancies and NCDs (BPIN)
The BPIN Core provides assays and data instruments to enable studies of HIV-associated malignancies.
- HIVAM Research Consultation
- HIVAM Laboratory and Biorepositories (HCRI-Uganda)
- Human Papillomavirus Genotyping (HCRI-Uganda)
Clinical and Comorbidity Research
The Clinical and Comorbidity Research Core helps researchers access and interpret the comprehensive database of the UW HIV Cohort Study.
- Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research Methods Consultation
- Data Request from the UW HIV Information System
- Translational Research Subcore (TRS)
Data Sciences and Methods
The Data Sciences and Methods Core provides a central resource of biostatistical expertise to improve the conception, design, and analysis of HIV/AIDS studies.
- Biostatistics/Biomathematics Consultation
- Data Management and Statistical/Mathematical Analysis Training
- Viral Dynamics Mathematical Modeling Training
The Developmental Core supports career development and fosters multidisciplinary collaborations with an emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Annual STD and AIDS Research Symposium
- Annual Mentoring the Mentors Workshop
- Developmental Core Mentoring Clinic
Immunology, Retrovirology and Cure
The Immunology Retrovirology and Cure Core provides advanced tools and training for evaluating humoral and cellular responses to HIV infection.
- Cellular Immunity and Flow Cytometry
- Humoral Immunity
- Mucosal Immunity and Non-Human Primate Immunology
- Quantitative RNAseq and High Content Data Analysis
The Implementation Science Core provides resources to develop implementation science expertise within the CFAR community.
- Health Economics Impact Study Team
- Implementation Science Research Consultation
- Mathematical Modeling Training